Page facebook de l'UPHF Twitter de l'UPHF YouTube de l'UPHF Instagram de l'UVHC PRO'fil : le réseau professionnel de l'Université


A few tips before you rent and other practical information:

The guide to Accommodation in Hauts-de-France can be consulted on line

LOCA PASS ACTION LOGEMENTInformation on the free-of-charge deposit VISALE and on the free-of-charge financial support for housing LOCAPASS

Visale public rental assistance scheme

Students who do not have guarantors can go through Action Logement to find rental accommodation more easily. The State thus replaces the parents as guarantor for the student, as well as situations of unpaid rents to be settled. The eligibility conditions are as follows and are not cumulative, only one is enough :

  • Age: between 18 and 30 years old
  • Professional status: hired for less than 6 months (excluding confirmed permanent contracts)
  • Professional status: in professional mobility
  • Professional status: with a promise of employment of less than 3 months
  • Rental contract:  be eligible for the mobility lease.

LOGEMENT PRIVEWith private individuals

You are looking for a rental, a place to share, a temporary room. You have a place to rent.

Use the University’s housing platform: Ads coming from private individuals, real estate agencies, private students’ residences.

Go online to the platform with the following login: HOUSINGUPHF

You will find special ads and customized assistance will be provided: from the rental application to the housing reservation, everything can be done online.

If you do not have a guarantor residing in France, Studapart can be your guarantor during the whole rental period. 

Any questions? Send a message to booking [at]

In CROUS university residence halls

CROUS LILLE NORD PAS DE CALAISUniversity residence halls are managed by an organization that is independent of the University, the Centre Régional des Œuvres Universitaires et Scolaires  (CROUS).

You can apply for admission to a university residence hall through the Student social file (Dossier Social Etudiant D.S.E.) from January 15 to May 15 (joint file with the grant application, except for international students). Admissions remain possible during the year and are generally granted. Outside the D.S.E. dates, contact the switchboards of residence halls to find out about availability. 

You can also book a room for short stays.

More info online at 

Contacts :

  • Résidence hall Jules Mousseron : Aulnoy-lez-Valenciennes (773 rooms) - Phone: 03 27 28 39 60 or 03 27 28 39 63
  • Résidence hall Jules Marmottan : Aulnoy-lez-Valenciennes (150 apartments) - Phone: 03 74 09 13 07
  • Résidence hall Gustave Ansart : Aulnoy-lez-Valenciennes (95 apartments) - Phone: 03 27 47 76 23
  • Résidence hall Les Tertiales : Valenciennes (210 apartments) - Phone: 03 27 47 76 23
  • Résidence hall Saint Roch  : Cambrai (55 rooms) - Phone: 03 27 74 83 58 : go to this page: list of university residence halls (“liste des résidences universitaires”).


On this website, you can consult housing ads from the CROUS or private individuals anywhere in France.

To consult ads


Kolocation à projets solidairesKolocation community projects

Watch the video


Additional offers

The PIJ (Point Information Jeunesse) also offers a list of rentals from private individuals that may be consulted in the following agencies:


Prim'toit : Residence Hall for young workers (Habitat Jeunes Actifs)

click to zoom

Offers in low-cost housing (HLM) 



ADIL NORD PAS DE CALAISHousing Information Agency (Agence d’information sur le logement): free assistance to meet your needs and answer your questions about housing (legal, financial, fiscal terms and so on).

The ADIL will help you to better understand what you are entitled to, what your duties are and the best solutions for you.

  • Valenciennes : 32, Avenue Albert 1er -
  • Cambrai : 1-27, Place de la Porte Notre-Dame -
  • Maubeuge : 18, Rue du 145ème RI -



Family Allowance Fund (CAF)

CAF - ALLOCATIONS FAMILIALESYou may apply for a housing allowance, regardless of nationality, from the “Caisse d’Allocations Familiales” (CAF).

The allowance ranges from 90 to 170€ a month, depending on the type of accommodation you have.

To find out all about the Student Housing Allowance, visit the CAF