A few tips before you rent and other practical information: www.selectra.info
The guide to Accommodation in Hauts-de-France can be consulted on line
Information on the free-of-charge deposit VISALE and on the free-of-charge financial support for housing LOCAPASS
Visale public rental assistance scheme
Students who do not have guarantors can go through Action Logement to find rental accommodation more easily. The State thus replaces the parents as guarantor for the student, as well as situations of unpaid rents to be settled. The eligibility conditions are as follows and are not cumulative, only one is enough :
- Age: between 18 and 30 years old
- Professional status: hired for less than 6 months (excluding confirmed permanent contracts)
- Professional status: in professional mobility
- Professional status: with a promise of employment of less than 3 months
- Rental contract: be eligible for the mobility lease.
With private individuals
You are looking for a rental, a place to share, a temporary room. You have a place to rent.
Use the University’s housing platform: Ads coming from private individuals, real estate agencies, private students’ residences.
Go online to the platform with the following login: HOUSINGUPHF
You will find special ads and customized assistance will be provided: from the rental application to the housing reservation, everything can be done online.
If you do not have a guarantor residing in France, Studapart can be your guarantor during the whole rental period.
Any questions? Send a message to booking [at] studapart.com
In CROUS university residence halls
University residence halls are managed by an organization that is independent of the University, the Centre Régional des Œuvres Universitaires et Scolaires (CROUS).
You can apply for admission to a university residence hall through the Student social file (Dossier Social Etudiant D.S.E.) from January 15 to May 15 (joint file with the grant application, except for international students). Admissions remain possible during the year and are generally granted. Outside the D.S.E. dates, contact the switchboards of residence halls to find out about availability.
You can also book a room for short stays.
More info online at www.crous-lille.fr
- Résidence hall Jules Mousseron : Aulnoy-lez-Valenciennes (773 rooms) - Phone: 03 27 28 39 60 or 03 27 28 39 63
- Résidence hall Jules Marmottan : Aulnoy-lez-Valenciennes (150 apartments) - Phone: 03 74 09 13 07
- Résidence hall Gustave Ansart : Aulnoy-lez-Valenciennes (95 apartments) - Phone: 03 27 47 76 23
- Résidence hall Les Tertiales : Valenciennes (210 apartments) - Phone: 03 27 47 76 23
- Résidence hall Saint Roch : Cambrai (55 rooms) - Phone: 03 27 74 83 58
http://www.crous-lille.fr : go to this page: list of university residence halls (“liste des résidences universitaires”).
On this website, you can consult housing ads from the CROUS or private individuals anywhere in France.
Kolocation community projects
The PIJ (Point Information Jeunesse) also offers a list of rentals from private individuals that may be consulted in the following agencies:
Cambrai : 13 bis rue Saint-Nicolas (Behind the cathedral) - 03 27 81 20 22
Maubeuge : 80 avenue Alphonse de Lamartine - 03 66 32 32 00
Prim'toit : Residence Hall for young workers (Habitat Jeunes Actifs)
Offers in low-cost housing (HLM)
The ADIL will help you to better understand what you are entitled to, what your duties are and the best solutions for you.
- Valenciennes : 32, Avenue Albert 1er - 03.59.61.62.59
- Cambrai : 1-27, Place de la Porte Notre-Dame - 03.59.61.62.59
- Maubeuge : 18, Rue du 145ème RI - 03.59.61.62.59
FOR MORE INFORMATION, VISIT www.adilnord.fr
Family Allowance Fund (CAF)
The allowance ranges from 90 to 170€ a month, depending on the type of accommodation you have.
- Watch the video "Aide au logement : une démarche 100% en ligne !"
To find out all about the Student Housing Allowance, visit the CAF website: www.caf.fr